Student FAQs

Student FAQs

How do I request an official transcript?
Go to the Wesleyan homepage and under the Academics drop down menu you will see a link to Request a Transcript.  Follow the instructions carefully, especially if you are a first-time user.

How do I obtain an unofficial transcript?
We do not issue unofficial transcripts.  Current students may print unofficial transcripts from their WebAdvisor accounts.

How do I obtain my grades each semester?
Log-in to your WebAdvisor account and under the Academic Profile section select the My Grades option and specify the term.  If you would like a paper copy grade report, please stop by the Academic Services office and fill out a request form.

How many credit hours is considered full-time?
Full-time enrollment is 12 – 17 credits hours for undergraduate students.  For graduate students, 6 credit hours is considered full-time. 

What if I want to take more than 17 credit hours?
Students who wish to enroll in more than 17 credit hours in a semester must have sophomore standing, a minimum grade point average of 2.75, and the approval of the Registrar.

How do I preregister for classes?
Currently enrolled students are required to preregister via WebAdvisor during the designated time period.  You must meet with your advisor and submit your courses.  Your advisor must approve your schedule and complete the preregistration process before it is finalized.  By preregistering for classes, this will hold a spot for you in those classes until you confirm your schedule at registration.  ALL students are required to register the day before classes begin each term.

How can I change my schedule once the semester begins?
After the semester begins, the first five days of the semester is referred to as the add/drop period.  Course changes made during this time do not appear on the college transcript.  After add/drop, you may withdraw from a class and the grade will appear as a W on the transcript.  Please refer to the academic calendar to determine the official last day to withdraw from a full semester course for the term. Forms are available in the Academic Services Office.

How do I declare a major or minor?
Stop by the Academic Services Office and complete a change of major/minor card.


How do I change my advisor?
Stop by the Academic Services Office and pick up a change of advisor card.  You will need to obtain the signature of your new advisor and return the card to the office.

How do I submit a change of address?
Follow the instructions here:Change of Address Instructions.

What if I need verification that I am an enrolled student?
You can download and print the request for enrollment verification form from the Academic Services webpage.  You can submit that in person, through the mail, or by fax. Be sure to sign it.

How do I obtain a degree audit?
You are required to complete an Application for Degree when you are two semesters out from your intended graduation date.  Forms are available in the office or you can download and print one from the website.  Both you and your academic advisor will receive a copy of the degree audit.

I am considering taking a summer class at another institution.  What do I need to do?
Stop by the office or download the Transfer Credit approval form from our website.  Complete the form as directed and return to Beth Lampinen in person or via email.  You will be notified if the course is approved.  You must also check with the other institution about their application and enrollment process.  Once the course is completed, you must request that an official transcript from the institution be sent to WVWC.  Please note that if you designate an electronic transcript delivery, do not have it send to your email.  Please request electronic transcripts be sent to

How do I qualify for Veterans Educational Benefits?
As a veteran or eligible dependent, you may qualify for veterans educational benefits.  To apply for benefits, visit the VONAPP website and click the “Start VONAPP” button.

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, submit it to Matt Linder, Veterans Certifying Official, in Financial Aid or to
We also encourage you to register at so you can stay current with your VA benefits.

Additional help is available through Veterans Upward Bound at or calling 800-624-3157, ext. 1257.

West Virginia
Wesleyan College

59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
(304) 473-8000

Contact Us


Support WVWC

Current Students


I want more information

Get in touch >